17.803, Jobs: Translation/Ling: Post Doc, U Pompeu Fabra

Thu Mar 16 14:18:26 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-803. Thu Mar 16 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.803, Jobs: Translation/Ling: Post Doc, U Pompeu Fabra

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Mar-2006
From: Janet DeCesaris < janet.decesaris at upf.edu >
Subject: Translation and/or Linguistics: Post Doc, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Catalonia, Spain

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:07:05
From: Janet DeCesaris < janet.decesaris at upf.edu >

University or Organization: Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Department: Translation and Philology
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Translation and/or Linguistics

Post Docs Available
http://www.upf.edu/dtf
The Spanish Ministry of Science & Education (MEC) has published two calls
for applications for junior research positions for 2006-07: the Ramon y
Cajal program (PhDs who obtained their PhD degree 10 years ago max.) and
the Juan de la Cierva (PhDs who obtained their PhD degree 3 years ago
max.). The prerequisites for the candidates and the conditions of the
contracts are described in the following pages of MEC (Spanish and English)
and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)(Catalan) and are summarized on the DTF
webpage (http://www.upf.edu/dtf, link at page top):

Prerequisits & conditions Ramon y Cajal:
http://www.mec.es/ciencia/cajal (in Spanish & English)
http://www.upf.edu/rece/convoc/resum/rei3268.htm (in Catalan)
Prerequisits & conditions Juan de la Cierva:
http://www.mec.es/ciencia/delacierva/index.html (in Spanish & English)
http://www.upf.edu/rece/convoc/resum/rei3269.htm (in Catalan)

The Department of Translation and Philology (DTF) at Universitat Pompeu
Fabra plans on being able to incorporate TWO Ramon y Cajal researchers
working on the areas covered by the Department. DTF hosts the following
research groups, one of which the successful Ramon y Cajal candidates
should join:
- Translation, Reception, and Literature
- Centre for the Study of Translation and Discourse (CEDIT)
- Discourse Studies Group (GED)
- Research Group on Language Learning and Language Teaching (GR at EL)
- Research Group on the Adquisition of Enviromental Languages (ReGAEL)
- Formal Linguistics Research Group (GLIF)
- Computational Linguistics Research Group (GLICOM)

Applications are done directly through the MEC webpage indicated above
(though the application must be printed later and submitted, along with
enclosures, in one of the specified manners). The selection process is
carried out entirely by MEC. Candidates endorsed by MEC will then be able
to opt for one of the two positions offered by DTF. The deadline for
submission is April 3, 2006. For additional information, see
http://www.upf.edu/dtf (link at top of page) or contact Enric Vallduví
(name.lastname at upf.edu; no accents or capitals). If you plan on submitting
an application and are interested in joining DTF, please let us know
through the above address.

The Department of Translation and Philology will also welcome
applications from Juan de la Cierva junior researchers. Their
applications and their research must be connected to one of the following
research projects (each project may endorse only one candidate):
- Integrated architecture for advanced text processing (ARQUITEXT).
P.I.: Toni Badia
- Critical receptive competence in university and high school students:
analysis and proposals for teaching. P.I.: Daniel Cassany
- Design and impact of tools for the development of strategic competence in
the learning of foreign languages in a university context (DEICOMECU).
P.I.: Olga Esteve
- Dialogue genres in political discourse. P.I. : Clara Lorda
- The Stay-abroad Factor in the acquisition of a foreign language(English).
Short term effects and success variables. Contrast with formal instruction.
P.I.: Carmen Pérez

Candidates interested in a Juan de la Cierva contract should contact the
principal investigator of the relevant project immediately
(name.lastname at upf.edu; no accents or capitals), since the actual
application is submitted by UPF. The P.I. must have received all relevant
documents (some in hard copy, some in soft copy; see call info) by March
27, 2006 (before 14:00 GMT).

Address for Applications:

Associate Professor Janet DeCesaris
See details in announcement