17.854, Jobs: Austro-Asiatic/Electronics Interface: Linguist, PA

Tue Mar 21 12:30:54 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-854. Tue Mar 21 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.854, Jobs: Austro-Asiatic/Electronics Interface: Linguist, PA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Mar-2006
From: thomas de simone < thomasrose at verizon.net >
Subject: Austro-Asiatic & Electronics Interface: Linguist, Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc., PA, USA

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:26:35
From: thomas de simone < thomasrose at verizon.net >

University or Organization: Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc.
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Discipline of Linguistics; Proximity Software, Linux/UNIX
                Required Language(s):  Austro-Asiatic

Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc., Burlington, NJ (AMEX; FEP), the
worldwide market leader in handheld information, seeks a skilled, high
level Linguist to work on our advanced Proximity Software products. This
will include spell checking, spell correction, thesaurus, dictionary, etc.
The Linguist uses Linux/UNIX command-line utilities and mark-up languages
(XML, HTML) to accomplish linguistic tasks.

Key duties include improving the linguistic quality of all Proximity
products, including spell checkers, thesauruses, dictionaries, and other
linguistic products, designing new linguistic products, maintaining/
developing linguistic databases and rules, supporting the Software, Product
Management, and Quality Assurance departments on language-related product
features.  Will also work with Data Developers to ensure accurate
conversion of publisher databases and fulfillment of product requirements.

Job Specifications
- Ph.D. in Linguistics or related field
- Solid working knowledge of Linux/UNIX platforms
- Eastern European languages a plus.
- Asian languages a plus.
- Experience in morphology, phonetics, phonology, or text/corpus
linguistics a plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.

Resumes must include salary requirements. Please forward resume, along with
salary requirements, to: Franklin, Dept. HR, One Franklin Plaza,
Burlington, NJ 08016. E-Mail: resumes at franklin.com FAX (888) 891-4844. (No
phone calls or recruiters, please.) EOE M/F/D/V

Address for Applications:

	Human Resources Mickens
	Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc.
	One Franklin Plaza