17.1356, FYI: Humanities' Summer Stipends Program

Wed May 3 14:09:02 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1356. Wed May 03 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1356, FYI: Humanities' Summer Stipends Program

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-May-2006
From: Leon Bramson < Lbramson at neh.gov >
Subject: Humanities' Summer Stipends Program

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:06:49
From: Leon Bramson < Lbramson at neh.gov >

Over the past five years, the National Endowment for the Humanities' Summer
Stipends program has received an annual average of 866 applications and made an
average of 116 awards, or 13%. We are now making plans for the October 2, 2006
deadline for the 2007 awards. Summer Stipends support full-time work on a
humanities project for a period of two months. Applicants may be faculty or
staff members of colleges, universities, or primary or secondary schools, or
they may be independent scholars or writers. Individuals who are interested in
obtaining copies of the guidelines and application instructions are invited to
visit the NEH website at http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/stipends.html

A list of previous awards for 2005 is available on the website. Click on
"Frequently Asked Questions" for additional information concerning the
application process and the program. Questions about the program can be
sent via e-mail to stipends at neh.gov or via telephone: 202-606-8200.

Leon Bramson
Senior Program Officer
Division of Research Programs