17.1372, Jobs: Arabic-Urdu-English:Translator, L-3 Communications

Thu May 4 17:39:01 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1372. Thu May 04 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1372, Jobs: Arabic-Urdu-English:Translator, L-3 Communications

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-May-2006
From: Cecilia Elmadi < Cecilia.Elmadi at Titan.com >
Subject: Arabic, Standard; Urdu & English: Translator, L-3 Communications, VA, USA

Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 13:34:52
From: Cecilia Elmadi < Cecilia.Elmadi at Titan.com >

University or Organization: L-3 Communications
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation; Arabic/English -English/Arabic
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Urdu (urd) , English (eng)

$149,820 - $179,000 a yr

L-3 Communications is a leading provider of comprehensive information and
communications products, solutions, and services for National Security. We
work with the Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, and many other
government customers. L-3 Communications is currently looking for Arabic
Linguist to work with other linguist and military personnel at an overseas
location

You will be a full-time employee of L-3 Communications.

Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 2 weeks paid vacation every
6 months, etc.,

As expected, the variety of jobs using your ability to translate between
Arabic and English ranges greatly.

You will provide general linguistic support for military operations.

You will interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences.

You will interpret between local citizens and soldiers, transcribe and
analyze verbal communications and perform document translation.

(a) Minimum required:

Proficient in speaking, reading and writing Arabic & English as you will
spend most of your time interpreting between the two languages.

U.S. Citizen, Green Card holder or I-94 L-3 Communications is a leading
provider of comprehensive information and communications products,
solutions, and services for National Security. We work with the Department
of Defense, intelligence agencies, and many other government customers. L-3
Communications is currently looking for Arabic Linguist to work with other
linguist and military personnel at an overseas location.

Required

American Citizens - don't need to speak Iraqui dialect
Green Card and I-94 holders - must speak the Iraqi Dialect

All applicants will undergo background investigation, oral and written
skills language examination, medical examination and counter-intelligence
screening as conditions of employment on this contract.

Contact Info: 703-390-4654

Address for Applications:
	Cecilia Elmadi
	10718 Wynkoop Dr
	Greatfalls, VA 22066
	USA
Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:
	cel. 571-338-3478 Elmadi
	Email: Cecilia.Elmadi at Titan.com
	Phone: 703-390-4654