17.1598, FYI: Haskins Laboratories Open House June 9

Fri May 26 15:51:56 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1598. Fri May 26 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1598, FYI: Haskins Laboratories Open House June 9

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-May-2006
From: Caitlin Dillon < dillon at haskins.yale.edu >
Subject: Haskins Laboratories Open House June 9

Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:50:37
From: Caitlin Dillon < dillon at haskins.yale.edu >

You are invited to attend an Open House at Haskins Laboratories in New
Haven, Connecticut, on Friday, June 9 immediately following the Acoustical
Society of America's meeting in Providence, Rhode Island.  The Open House
will include a tour of our new facilities and a history of the labs,
demonstrations of old and new technology and research tools, and brief
descriptions of current research projects.

The Open House is open to everyone interested whether or not they attended ASA.

A bus will be provided to take attendees from the Westin Hotel in
Providence to New Haven and back.  The bus ride and Open House will be
provided free of charge (dinner at attendees' expense).

Registration guarantees a seat on the bus but is not required.  Any extra
seats on the bus will be open to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis.

To register, please send an e-mail to haskins at haskins.yale.edu.

Approximate schedule for Friday, June 9, 2006:
1:00 - 3:00 pm:  Bus trip from Providence RI to New Haven CT
3:00 - 5:30 pm:  Open House
5:30 - 8:00 pm:  Attendees dine at restaurants of their choice
8:00 - 10:00 pm:  Bus trip from New Haven to Providence RI

To learn more about Haskins Laboratories or to obtain information about
directions and travel to Haskins, nearby hotels, parking, go to
www.haskins.yale.edu.  For any other questions, please write to
haskins at haskins.yale.edu.

Thank you and we hope to see you at the Open House!

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable