17.1631, Jobs: Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA

Tue May 30 20:19:29 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1631. Tue May 30 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1631, Jobs: Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Amy Renaud <renaud at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-May-2006
From: Anoop Mahajan < mahajan at ucla.edu >
Subject: Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA, CA, USA

Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:13:03
From: Anoop Mahajan < mahajan at ucla.edu >

University or Organization: UCLA
Department: Department of Linguistics
Specialty Areas: Syntax

The UCLA Department of Linguistics invites applications for a one year
Assistant Professor position in Syntax.  The appointment will be for the
academic year 2006-2007 with teaching to begin in Fall 2006.

Candidates should have research interest in Syntax and should be able to
teach undergraduate as well as graduate courses in syntax. Candidates will
also be expected to teach a seminar in the area of their specialization.  We
expect the selected candidate to teach four courses during the year.  UCLA
operates on a quarter system and therefore the teaching will be spread over
the three regular academic quarters.  We also expect the selected candidate
to be available for advising/interacting with our graduate students and be
an active member of the syntax-semantics research community at UCLA.  A
Ph.D. in Linguistics is required.

The position will be open till it is filled. We encourage interested
candidates to apply as soon as possible.

Applications should include a CV, a statement of research interests,
samples of recent work, and three letters of reference.

UCLA is an Equal Opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged
to apply.

Information about the UCLA Department of Linguistics may be found at
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu.

Address for Applications:

	Professor Anoop Mahajan
	Chair, Syntax Search Committee
	UCLA Department of Linguistics
	Box 951543, UCLA
	Los Angeles, CA 90077
	USA

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Professor Anoop Mahajan
	Email: mahajan at ucla.edu
	Phone: 310-825-0634