17.2992, Confs: General Ling/USA

Thu Oct 12 18:10:31 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-2992. Thu Oct 12 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.2992, Confs: General Ling/USA

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Oct-2006
From: BUCLD 31 < langconf at bu.edu >
Subject: Boston University Conference on Language Development 31

Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:09:12
From: BUCLD 31 < langconf at bu.edu >

Boston University Conference on Language Development 31
Short Title: BUCLD 31

Date: 03-Nov-2006 - 05-Nov-2006
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contact: Boston University BUCLD
Contact Email: langconf at bu.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/

BUCLD 31 - November 3-5, 2006 - Boston University

web: www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/
e-mail: langconf at bu.edu

Dear Colleague,
We would like to friendly remind you that the deadline for pre-registering for BUCLD 31 is on October 20 (Please disregard this message if you have already registered). The pre-registration information is available at: http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

The 31st Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development will be held at Boston University, November 3-5, 2006. Our invited speakers are:

Roberta Golinkoff, University of Delaware
Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Temple University
''Breaking the Language Barrier: The View from the Radical Middle.''
Keynote address, Friday, November 3 at 8:00 pm

Jürgen M. Meisel, University of Hamburg & University of Calgary
''Multiple First Language Acquisition: A Case for Autonomous Syntactic Development in the Simultaneous Acquisition of More Than One Language.''
Plenary address, Saturday, November 4 at 5:45 pm

Mabel Rice, University of Kansas
Helen Tager-Flusberg, Boston University
Simon Fisher, University of Oxford
Discussant: Gary Marcus, New York University
''Future Directions in Search of Genes that Influence Language:
Phenotypes, Molecules, Brains, and Growth.''
Lunchtime symposium, Saturday, November 4 at 12:00 pm

The Society for Language Development (SLD) will be holding its third annual symposium on Thursday, November 2, in conjunction with the BUCLD meeting. BUCLD 31 is offering a pre-registration option for this event. Onsite registration will also be available.

The Symposium will be on ''Learning Verbs.''
Speakers: Lila Gleitman, Cynthia Fisher,Adele Goldberg, and Dedre Gentner.

More information on the SLD symposium can be found at:
http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/sld/symposium.html

The pre-registration information is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

The full conference schedule is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/schedule.htm

More information about BUCLD is available at our website:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD

We look forward to seeing you at BUCLD 31.

Sincerely,
Heather Caunt-Nulton, Samantha Kulatilake, I-hao Woo
BUCLD 31 Co-Organizers