17.3112, Confs: Applied Ling/UK

Mon Oct 23 18:01:23 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-3112. Mon Oct 23 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.3112, Confs: Applied Ling/UK

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Oct-2006
From: Simon Borg < s.borg at education.leeds.ac.uk >
Subject: Study of Language Teacher Cognition

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:00:03
From: Simon Borg < s.borg at education.leeds.ac.uk >

The Study of Language Teacher Cognition

Date: 30-Jul-2007 - 04-Aug-2007
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Contact: Elizabeth Lister
Contact Email: E.J.T.Lister at education.leeds.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://ttp://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/summertesol/course_3.php

Issues & Methods in the Study of Language Teacher Cognition

The study of what language teachers think, know, believe and do has become a key area of research in the last 10 years. The large body of work that now exists shows that teachers' cognitions influence how they teach, how they learn, and how they respond to innovation. In this course we will examine both the key topics this research has examined as well as the research methods used in doing so. It will be of particular interest to researchers, teacher educators, programme managers and policy makers working in first, second and foreign language education contexts.

Tutor: Simon Borg

Dates: 30th July - 4th August 2007 (6 days)

Course Fee: £695

Number of places: 20. (Note that the course may not run if fewer than 15 bookings are received).

Course Structure
Tuition takes place each day, Monday to Saturday, for 6 hours per day.

The course fee includes:

- Tuition costs
- Lunch and refreshments each day
- Farewell meal on the penultimate evening

Accommodation: The School of Education will provide accommodation, if requested. Accommodation will be of Bed and Breakfast style. It will cost £26 per night for standard accommodation or £36 per night for en-suite accommodation.

Payment: A non-refundable deposit of £100 is payable, with the balance of the course fee and accomodation costs payable 3 months before the start of the course. Your place is not confirmed until your deposit is received. If for any reason the course does not run, your deposit will be returned. We will send you a payment form when your booking is received.

To book a place go to http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/summertesol/register1.php?course=3