17.2649, Confs: General Ling/USA

Mon Sep 18 14:29:54 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-2649. Mon Sep 18 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.2649, Confs: General Ling/USA

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-Sep-2006
From: BUCLD 31 < langconf at bu.edu >
Subject: Boston University Conference on Language Development 31

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:28:13
From: BUCLD 31 < langconf at bu.edu >

Boston University Conference on Language Development 31
Short Title: BUCLD 31

Date: 03-Nov-2006 - 05-Nov-2006
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contact: Boston University BUCLD
Contact Email: langconf at bu.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/

BUCLD 31 - November 3-5, 2006 - Boston University

web: www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/
e-mail: langconf at bu.edu

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that pre-registration for BUCLD 31 is now available at: http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

The 31st Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development
will be held at Boston University, November 3-5, 2006. Our invited
speakers are:

Roberta Golinkoff, University of Delaware
Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Temple University
''Breaking the Language Barrier: The View from the Radical Middle.''
Keynote address, Friday, November 3 at 8:00 pm

Jürgen M. Meisel, University of Hamburg & University of Calgary
''Multiple First Language Acquisition: A Case for Autonomous Syntactic
Development in the Simultaneous Acquisition of More Than One Language.''
Plenary address, Saturday, November 4 at 5:45 pm

Mabel Rice, University of Kansas
Helen Tager-Flusberg, Boston University
Simon Fisher, University of Oxford
Discussant: Gary Marcus, New York University
''Future Directions in Search of Genes that Influence Language:
Phenotypes, Molecules, Brains, and Growth.''
Lunchtime symposium, Saturday, November 4 at 12:00 pm

The Society for Language Development (SLD) will be holding its third
annual symposium on ''Learning Verbs'' on Thursday, November 2, in
conjunction with the BUCLD meeting. BUCLD 31 is offering online
pre-registration and on-site registration for this event.

Speakers: Lila Gleitman, Cynthia Fisher,Adele Goldberg, and Dedre Gentner.
More information on the SLD symposium can be found at:
http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/sld/symposium.html

BUCLD and SLD pre-registration information is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/prereg.htm

The full conference schedule is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD/schedule.htm

More information about BUCLD is available at our website:
http://www.bu.edu/linguistics/APPLIED/BUCLD

We look forward to seeing you at BUCLD 31.

Sincerely,
Heather Caunt-Nulton, Samantha Kulatilake, I-hao Woo
BUCLD 31 Co-organizers