18.1237, Qs: Adjectives and Explanation; Looking for English LFG Parser

Mon Apr 23 20:13:33 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1237. Mon Apr 23 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1237, Qs: Adjectives and Explanation; Looking for English LFG Parser

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Apr-2007
From: Denis Bouchard < bouchard.denis at uqam.ca >
Subject: Adjectives and Explanation

2)
Date: 21-Apr-2007
From: Tawee Chimsuk < tvchim at yahoo.com >
Subject: Looking for English LFG Parser and Grammar

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:12:23
From: Denis Bouchard < bouchard.denis at uqam.ca >

About a year ago, I ended my paper ''Good Intentions and Actual Deeds: A
response to my critics'' (Lingua 116/4: 523-542) with the remark that the
model in Bouchard (2002) provides a level of explanation which is
unattainable for analyses set in the Minimalist Program or in alternative
theories of generative syntax?in particular concerning the distribution and
interpretation of adjectives inside nominal expressions.

I have kept my eyes open for studies dealing with adjectives, but I haven't
seen any work that meets the challenge. Of course, there is a staggering
amount of linguistic works published every year, and it may very well be
that some paper on the subject escaped my notice.  Has anyone read an
analysis of adjectives that comes close to what I am looking for? I will
post a summary.

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories