18.1271, Jobs: Eng & General Ling: Analyst (Req-2920) Admin Office of the Courts

Thu Apr 26 21:31:03 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1271. Thu Apr 26 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1271, Jobs: Eng & General Ling: Analyst (Req-2920) Admin Office of the Courts

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Apr-2007
From: AOC HR < cheryl.king at jud.ca.gov >
Subject: English & General Linguistics: Linguistics Analyst (Req-2920), Administrative Office of the Courts, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:27:57
From: AOC HR < cheryl.king at jud.ca.gov >

Web Address: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/careers

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Judicial Council of California, Administrative Office of the Courts
(AOC) is accepting applications for the position of Linguistics Analyst in
the Court Interpreters Program (CIP) of the Executive Office Programs
Division (EOP). The successful candidate will perform a full range of
analytical duties associated with providing linguistic advice to the
program, and monitoring the work of language testing and development
contractors.

Requires:

Possession of a bachelor's degree, preferably with major course work in
linguistics or cognitive science, and three years of professional
analytical experience in language testing and examination preparation and
evaluation.  Additional directly related experience may be substituted for
the education on a year-for-year basis.  Possession of a directly related
postgraduate degree in any branch of linguistics may be substituted for one
of the three years of required experience.

To Apply:

Please visit our website at www.courtinfo.ca.gov/careers.  EOE.

Application Deadline: 30-Jul-2007 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/careers