18.1297, Qs: English Grammar Texts; English Split Topicalization

Mon Apr 30 17:28:41 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1297. Mon Apr 30 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1297, Qs: English Grammar Texts; English Split Topicalization

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Apr-2007
From: Rebecca Moreton < moretona at bellsouth.net >
Subject: Request Assistance in Locating English Grammar Text

2)
Date: 27-Apr-2007
From: Gisbert Fanselow < fanselow at uni-potsdam.de >
Subject: Split Topicalization in Englishes

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:25:11
From: Rebecca Moreton < moretona at bellsouth.net >

Linguist Friends:

Has anyone found a good text to use in teaching Descriptive Grammar, or
Modern Grammar, of English, to returning teachers and/or
teachers-in-training? I am particularly interested in knowing of texts which
include both structural information and some discussion of the
socio-problems involved in teaching English to native speakers nowadays.

All information and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Becky
(Rebecca Larche Moreton)