18.1303, Sum: Spoken Irish and Welsh Corpora in Transcription

Mon Apr 30 23:34:48 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1303. Mon Apr 30 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1303, Sum: Spoken Irish and Welsh Corpora in Transcription

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Apr-2007
From: Alessio Frenda < frendaa at tcd.ie >

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:31:03
From: Alessio Frenda < frendaa at tcd.ie >

Query for this summary posted in LINGUIST Issue: 17.3659

Regarding Query:  http://linguistlist.org/issues/17/17-3659.html#1

I wish to apologize for delaying the posting of this summary for so long.

I wish to thank the following people for pointing me to the resources
listed below, and of course all the people that contributed to the creation
of such resources. They are, in alphabetical order,

- Brian Ó Curnáin (School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced
Studies), who pointed me to his own study of Iorras Aithneach Irish in West
Galway and to Arndt Wigger's 'Caint Ros Muc', both published by the Dublin
Institute for Advanced Studies. Both works can be accessed online via the
School's webpage http://www.celt.dias.ie/publications/cat/online.html;

- Arndt Wigger (Bergische Universität Wuppertal), who made the
transcriptions of Caint Ros Muc available to me in PDF;

- Briony Williams (Language Technologies Unit, University of Wales,
Bangor), who directed me to Margaret Deuchar's corpus of colloquial Welsh
(radio shows and informal conversations), available online via Margaret
Deuchar's personal page at
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/linguistics/about/margaret_deuchar.php.en.

To all of them and to the people at the Linguist List, thank you very much
for your help.

Alessio S. Frenda

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics