18.2316, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of Aberdeen

Fri Aug 3 16:29:25 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2316. Fri Aug 03 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2316, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of Aberdeen

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Aug-2007
From: Scott caithness < scaithness at barkers-scot.com >
Subject: Language Acquisition: Lecturer, University of Aberdeen, UK

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:24:20
From: Scott caithness [scaithness at barkers-scot.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2316.html&submissionid=152785&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Aberdeen
Department: School of Language & Literature
Web Address: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Phonology

Lecturer in Linguistics

Resulting from expansion of our postgraduate programme, the School of
Language and Literature require a Lecturer in Linguistics with a special
interest in Second Language Acquisition.  Individuals whose research focus
is also on phonology are particularly encouraged to apply.

You must hold a PhD in a relevant subject, have experience in teaching and
organising research at university level and be an all round team player.
The ability to demonstrate excellence in presentation, leading discussions,
and one to one tutoring is also essential, as is an enthusiasm for teaching
students. A willingness to undertake administrative duties is also required
to ensure the smooth running of the School and the delivery of its
programmes.

Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr Barbara Fennell at the email
address below.

Salary will be at the appropriate point on the Grade 7 scale (£34,260 -
£40,909 per annum) with placement according to qualifications and experience.

To apply online for this position visit the application website, or
alternatively you may request an application pack by emailing your name and
contact details to the email address below or by telephoning our 24 hour
answer service quoting FLL039A.

Promoting Diversity and Equal Opportunities throughout the University

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2007

Email Address for Applications: jobs at abdn.ac.uk
Web Address for Applications: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs
Contact Information: