18.2314, Jobs: General Linguistics: Teaching Fellow, University of Aberdeen

Fri Aug 3 16:18:25 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2314. Fri Aug 03 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2314, Jobs: General Linguistics: Teaching Fellow, University of Aberdeen

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Aug-2007
From: Scott caithness < scaithness at barkers-scot.com >
Subject: General Linguistics: Teaching Fellow, University of Aberdeen, UK

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:16:25
From: Scott caithness [scaithness at barkers-scot.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2314.html&submissionid=152784&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Aberdeen
Department: School of Language & Literature
Web Address: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/

Job Rank: Teaching Fellow

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Variation, Discourse Analysis

Teaching Fellow in English Linguistics (50% FTE)

Required for the academic year 2007-8, you will take the lead on teaching
introductory linguistics at levels 1 and 2 and contribute to honours
teaching at levels 3 or 4. Individuals with an interest in the history of
the English language, language variation and change and/or discourse
analysis are particularly encouraged to apply.

You must either hold, or be close to completing, a PhD in English
Linguistics and be able to demonstrate an ability to teach introductory
linguistics and contribute to other undergraduate linguistics courses as
required. Excellent organisation and presentation skills are essential, as
is the ability to generate enthusiasm for the subject matter amongst
students. Expertise in the history of the English language, discourse
analysis, or multilingualism would be desirable, as would be the ability to
use WebCT.

Salary will be at the appropriate point on the Grade 6 scale (£27,857 -
£33,262 per annum) with placement according to qualifications and experience.

To apply online for this position visit the website listed below or
alternatively you may request an application pack by emailing your name and
contact details to the application email address or by telephoning our 24 hour
answer service quoting FLL040A.

Promoting Diversity and Equal Opportunities throughout the University

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2007

Email Address for Applications: jobs at abdn.ac.uk
Web Address for Applications: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs
Contact Information