18.2486, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University

Thu Aug 23 17:50:15 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2486. Thu Aug 23 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2486, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Aug-2007
From: Daniel Hennelly < dhennell at odu.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, USA

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:48:05
From: Daniel Hennelly [dhennell at odu.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2486.html&submissionid=154621&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Old Dominion University
Department: English
Web Address: http://al.odu.edu/english/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL

The Department of English at Old Dominion University invites applications
for a tenure track appointment in linguistics with a specialty in TESOL to
teach undergraduate, MA, and PhD courses.

Required:
PhD in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, or Educational Linguistics by
August 15, 2008; qualified to teach courses in TESOL methods, first and
second language acquisition, and other linguistics courses as needed;
evidence of scholarly potential and good teaching. International
experience, ability to teach language and communication across cultures,
and experience in distance learning a plus.

Salary commensurate with experience.

Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and 3 letters of reference to
Dr. David Metzger at the application address listed below. Review of
applicants will begin November 1, 2007 and continue until the position is
filled.

Old Dominion University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and requires compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control
Act of 1986.

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2007
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Department Chair David Metzger