18.2496, Jobs: Administrative: Director of Membership and Meetings (DMM), LSA

Fri Aug 24 17:35:41 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2496. Fri Aug 24 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2496, Jobs: Administrative: Director of Membership and Meetings (DMM), LSA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Aug-2007
From: Felix Oliver < lsa at lsadc.org >
Subject: Administrative: Director of Membership and Meetings (DMM), Linguistic Society of America, Washington DC, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:33:32
From: Felix Oliver [lsa at lsadc.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2496.html&submissionid=154723&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Linguistic Society of America
Department: Membership and Meetings
Job Rank: Director of Membership and Meetings (DMM).

Specialty Areas: Administrative

The Linguistic Society of America, a major professional society in the
United States dedicated to the advancement of the scientific study of
language, seeks a Director of Membership and Meetings (DMM). The DMM will
work under the direction of the Executive Director of the LSA, providing
leadership and professional expertise in the  planning and implementation
of LSA's  Annual Meeting, biennial Summer Meeting and Institute, among
other activities. The DMM will also act as the primary membership liaison,
 providing an interface with members, maintaining  the online membership
database and resolving problems.  The successful candidate must possess
strong text, document and communication skills, and must  be
detail-oriented. Knowledge of and experience with professional academic
societies is required. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter,
resume and salary requirements.

Application Deadline: 15-Sep-2007

Email Address for Applications: lsa at lsadc.org
Contact Information: