18.2501, Jobs: Spanish & Socioling of US Spanish: Rank Open, U of Michigan

Sat Aug 25 13:49:19 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2501. Sat Aug 25 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2501, Jobs: Spanish & Socioling of US Spanish: Rank Open, U of Michigan

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Aug-2007
From: Elizabeth Humpert < bhumpert at umich.edu >
Subject: Spanish & Sociolinguistics of US Spanish: Rank Open, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:47:31
From: Elizabeth Humpert [bhumpert at umich.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2501.html&submissionid=154783&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Michigan
Department: Romance Languages and Literatures
Web Address: http://www.lsa.umich.edu/rll/

Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      Spanish (spa)

The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures invites applications
for a tenure-track faculty position in Spanish Sociolinguistics to begin
September 2008 (authorization pending).  We are seeking expertise in the
sociolinguistics of US Spanish, with a possible secondary interest in
Caribbean Spanish.  Preferred research areas include, but are not limited
to: variation theory, variation and phonological theory, phonetics,
language contact and bilingualism, language ideology, and social network
theory.  Appointment may be at any rank.

Candidates should have native or near-native fluency in Spanish and
English.  Evidence of outstanding teaching ability and research are
essential.  Send cover letter, statement of present and future research
plans, a statement of teaching philosophy and experience, CV, and placement
file (including three letters of recommendation) to Prof. Steve Dworkin,
Co-chair of the Search Committee at the application address listed below.

The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory/affirmative action
employer.  Women and minorities are encouraged to apply; the University is
supportive of the needs of dual career couples.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2007
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Steven Dworkin
	812 E. Washington St.