18.3606, Jobs: Computational Ling: Senior Software Engineer, Irion Technologies

Mon Dec 3 18:22:56 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3606. Mon Dec 03 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3606, Jobs: Computational Ling: Senior Software Engineer, Irion Technologies

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Dec-2007
From: Joop van Gent < gent at irion.nl >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior Software Engineer, Irion Technologies BV, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 13:21:04
From: Joop van Gent [gent at irion.nl]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3606.html&submissionid=163004&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Irion Technologies BV
Web Address: http://www.irion.eu

Job Rank: Senior Software Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; AI, IR and Knowledge Management

Would you like to be a member of the team of inventors of the next
generation information and knowledge technology?

We are looking to expand our development team with experienced C++ & Java
Developers with a Computational Linguistics and/or AI background.

We offer an exciting and creative international team of high-skilled
people, a good working atmosphere, flexibility in working hours, and the
opportunity to develop new and innovative products that are currently being
used in the Netherlands, Australia, France, the United States, the United
Kingdom, and Germany. In 2008 we expect to expand both our markets and our
resources.

As a Senior Software Engineer for Irion, you will be an important member of
our team that designs, develops, and conducts R&D on innovative
linguistic-based technologies and products.

You have excellent programming skills in C++/Java including object-oriented
analysis and design, an MS or PhD in Sciences or BS with experience,
experience developing natural language software in a commercial
environment, and a proven track record of innovative research in an
academic or commercial environment, preferably in one or more of the
following areas:

- Information Retrieval
- Automatic classification
- Dialogue Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Machine learning for natural language applications
- Statistical parsing

Desired programming skills for Java are: J2EE, XML processing, SOAP-API,
Client-Server architectures, Struts/Jsp. For C++ developers we prefer
experience with XML processing, Visual Studio, Cygwin, Windows and Linux
platforms, fast and compact indexing, efficient memory usage.

Further, we highly appreciate team building experience, leadership skills,
and the ambition to become an important contributor to new ideas and
developments. If this is the profile you feel comfortable with, Irion
offers you the possibility to create your own ideal professional job.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Drs Joop van Gent
	Delftechpark 26
	Delft, Zuid-Holland 2628XH