18.3632, FYI: Terms of Address in English & Polish questionnaire

Wed Dec 5 14:37:08 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3632. Wed Dec 05 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3632, FYI: Terms of Address in English & Polish questionnaire

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Dec-2007
From: Grzegorz Krynicki < krynicki at ifa.amu.edu.pl >

Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:36:02
From: Grzegorz Krynicki [krynicki at ifa.amu.edu.pl]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3632.html&submissionid=163161&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear all!

I'm looking for native speakers of English or Polish who
could help me and fill in an online questionnaire about the use of terms of
address in English and Polish.

If you want to contribute and have about 5-10 minutes to spare - please
visit http://ifa.amu.edu.pl/~krynicki/questaddre.htm for further instructions.

Your answers will help me to find out what factors influence our choice of
polite, casual, mixed or neutral address terms. The factors I consider
include the age of speakers, the frequency of their interaction, the usual
place of their interaction etc.

Additionally, if you are aware of a study that would answer this question
by empirical and statistical methods, please let me know.

I am an associate professor at the School of English, Adam Mickiewicz
University, Poznan, Poland.

Thank you very much,
Grzegorz Krynicki

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics