18.3658, Jobs: English & Lexicography: Publishing Manager, Hachette Livre UK

Thu Dec 6 16:11:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3658. Thu Dec 06 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3658, Jobs: English & Lexicography: Publishing Manager, Hachette Livre UK

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Dec-2007
From: Jenny Wood < jenny.wood at versutus.co.uk >
Subject: English & Lexicography: Publishing Manager, Hachette Livre UK, Edinburgh

Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:10:17
From: Jenny Wood [jenny.wood at versutus.co.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3658.html&submissionid=163371&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Hachette Livre UK
Job Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Job Rank: Publishing Manager

Specialty Areas: Lexicography; English Dictionaries, Thesauruses & Language Ref

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Competitive salary + benefits | Edinburgh

An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the editorial management team at
Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd, one of the leading reference publishers and
part of Hachette Livre UK, the UK's largest publisher.  Based in central
Edinburgh, and reporting to the Editorial Director, you will be responsible
for the strategic development in print and online of the Chambers English
dictionaries list, including slang, thesauruses, and language reference,
with particular responsibility for our renowned flagship title, The
Chambers Dictionary.

This is a high-profile job which will give the right person immense
satisfaction.  You will be involved in every aspect of dictionary
publishing - from initial concept through to influencing how your titles
are sold and marketed.

You will have excellent editorial and lexicographic skills, experience of
commissioning profitable titles, the ability to manage people and projects,
and a keen sense of how to develop data and content to enhance the Chambers
Harrap brand and maximize revenue.

Please apply in writing with a full CV, covering letter and salary details
to the application email listed below. Alternatively, hard copies can be
sent to the address listed below.

Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

We are an equal opportunities employer and employ people on the basis of
their abilities.

Application Deadline: 11-Jan-2008
	HR Department, Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd
	7 Hopetoun Crescent
	Edinburgh EH7 4AY
	United Kingdom
Email Address for Applications: admin at chambersharrap.co.uk