18.3800, FYI: Modified: NSF-supported Documentary:'The Linguist'

Wed Dec 19 07:00:46 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3800. Wed Dec 19 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3800, FYI: Modified: NSF-supported Documentary:'The Linguist'

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Dec-2007
From: Daniel A. Miller < miller at IRONBOUNDFILMS.COM >

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 01:59:30
From: Daniel A. Miller [miller at IRONBOUNDFILMS.COM]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3800.html&submissionid=164441&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Please note: The original message found at
http://linguistlist.org/issues/18/18-3770.html, this modified issue
contains a correction in the submitter's name: from David Miller to Daniel
A. Miller.

We are nothing short of elated to announce that our documentary feature THE
LINGUISTS was selected to world premiere in the newly minted Spectrum:
Documentary Spotlight" category at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.

THE LINGUISTS is the first documentary supported by the National Science
     Foundation to ever make it to Sundance.

The trailer is at:

http://www.thelinguists.com.

Here's a brief synopsis:
It is estimated that of 7,000 languages in the world, half will be gone by
the end of this century.  THE LINGUISTS follows David Harrison and Gregory
Anderson, scientists racing to document languages on the verge of
extinction. In Siberia, India, and Bolivia, the linguists' resolve is
tested by the very forces silencing languages: institutionalized racism and
violent economic unrest.  David and Greg's journey takes them deep into the
heart of the cultures, knowledge, and communities at risk when a language
dies.

We hope you can join us in Utah for one (or maybe all) of the following
    screenings:

-Friday, January 18, 12 Noon - Egyptian Theatre, Park City
-Saturday, January 19, 12:45 PM - Broadway Centre Cinemas V, Salt Lake City
-Saturday, January 19, 11:30 PM - Prospector Square Theatre, Park City
-Wednesday, January 23, 9:00 AM, Holiday Village Cinema I, Park City -
Press and industry only
-Wednesday, January 23, 8:30 PM - Holiday Village Cinema II, Park City

Tickets are available at:   http://www.sundance.org/festival/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or our
publicist Winston Emano at wemano at tcdm-associates.com.  We look forward to
hearing you there, in all languages!

Happy Holidays,
Seth Kramer, Daniel A. Miller, and Jeremy Newberger
Ironbound Films, Inc.
PO Box 441
Garrison, NY 10524
T: 845.424.3700