18.3869, Jobs: Comp Ling: Software Developer, MPI for Psycholinguistics

Fri Dec 21 23:07:05 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3869. Fri Dec 21 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3869, Jobs: Comp Ling: Software Developer, MPI for Psycholinguistics

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Dec-2007
From: Bethany Townsend < bethany at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Software Developer, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, Netherlands

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:05:47
From: Bethany Townsend [bethany at linguistlist.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3869.html&submissionid=164603&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl/

Job Rank: Software Developer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (MPI) in Nijmegen in the
Netherlands is looking for software developers who would like to
participate in challenging projects to create an integrated and
interoperable infrastructure for language resources and technologies and to
create web applications to easily access and enrich archival content
(http://www.clarin.eu, http://www.mpi.nl/lat). The LAT team at the MPI has
already worked on these aspects for some years and wants to maintain its
leading role.

We offer work in small goal oriented teams, continuous exchange of ideas
with international partners, possibilities to present the results at
conferences and 2 year contracts at the beginning. We expect developers
with good knowledge in Java/C++, XML, web application building etc, and a
flexible but also goal-driven behavior. English will be the major
communication language. If you are interested in more details, please,
check the websites and/or contact Evelyn Giering. Application letters
including CVs can also be sent to the same email address.

Application Deadline: 21-May-2008 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: evelyn.giering at mpi.nl
Contact Information:
	Evelyn Giering
	Email: evelyn.giering at mpi.nl