18.444, Confs: General Ling/USA

Thu Feb 8 20:36:19 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-444. Thu Feb 08 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.444, Confs: General Ling/USA

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Feb-2007
From: Maite Camblor-Portilla < camblorm at georgetown.edu >
Subject: 2007 Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics

Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:33:02
From: Maite Camblor-Portilla < camblorm at georgetown.edu >

2007 Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics
Short Title: GURT 2007

Date: 08-Mar-2007 - 11-Mar-2007
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Contact: Ronald Leow
Contact Email: gurt at georgetown.edu
Meeting URL: http://www8.georgetown.edu/college/gurt/2007

The Faculty of Languages and Linguistics at Georgetown University are pleased to
announce that the 2007 Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and
Linguistics (GURT 2007) will focus on little words—items such as clitics,
pronouns, determiners, conjunctions, discourse particles, auxiliary/light
verbs, prepositions—including their phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics,
pragmatics, discourse function, historical development, variation, and
acquisition (by children or adults). GURT 2007 will host plenary lectures,
colloquia, individual papers, and poster presentations.

The preliminary GURT 2007 conference schedule is now available at
http://www8.georgetown.edu/college/gurt/2007/program.htm

Also, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the deadline for
early conference registration is Monday, February 12.