18.490, Confs: Applied Ling/Turkey

Tue Feb 13 21:04:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-490. Tue Feb 13 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.490, Confs: Applied Ling/Turkey

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Feb-2007
From: Martin Ball < mjball at louisiana.edu >
Subject: 12th Meeting of ICPLA

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:01:17
From: Martin Ball < mjball at louisiana.edu >

12th Meeting of ICPLA
Short Title: ICPLA12

Date: 25-Jun-2008 - 28-Jun-2008
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Contact: Seyhun Topbas
Contact Email: dilkom at anadolu.edu.tr
Meeting URL: http://www.icpla2008.org/

Presentations discuss all areas of the interaction of speech and language
disorders with phonetics and linguistics.

The ICPLA Congress, which takes place every two years, is a great opportunity
for researchers and clinicians working in the field of clinical phonetics and
linguistics, speech and language pathology, audiology, voice and related fields
to language, speech and hearing disorders in both children and adults. Every
congress held in different parts of the world illustrated an in-depth of
innovative and interesting research in the field. We envisage that the
forthcoming congress will add new directions and enthusiasm to the developing
field of clinical phonetics & linguistics and speech & language therapy
profession in Turkey.

The platform of plenary talks, papers and poster presentations will cover a wide
range of topics relevant to the theoretical, experimental, clinical,
cross-linguistic, multi-linguistic aspects of speech and language processing,
hearing, perception and production from peripheral to central deficits.

We look forward to seeing you in Istanbul; in the world's city of natural
beauty, as being the bridge between the continents and cultures, and the cradle
of the civilizations.