18.613, Jobs: Semantics, Syntax: Visiting Asst Prof, Boston University

Mon Feb 26 15:15:13 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-613. Mon Feb 26 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.613, Jobs: Semantics, Syntax: Visiting Asst Prof, Boston University

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Feb-2007
From: Carol Neidle < carol at bu.edu >
Subject: Semantics, Syntax: Visiting Assistant Professor, Boston University, MA, USA

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:12:00
From: Carol Neidle < carol at bu.edu >

University or Organization: Boston University
Department: Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Web Address: http://ling.bu.edu
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax

Boston University seeks, for AY 2007-08, a Visiting Assistant Professor of
Linguistics with a specialization in Syntax and Semantics.  Applicants should
have a strong background in linguistic theory, demonstrated teaching ability,
and commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching and advising.

Potentially renewable for one year.

Candidates with an interest in the position should send -- *ASAP* -- a letter of
application, cv, and names and e-mail addresses of three referees, to
carol at bu.edu, with subject heading 'Linguistics VASTP'.  (Please send only
MSWord, rtf, text, or pdf documents.)

A hard copy of those same materials, along with sample publications and
documentation of  teaching ability (if available), should also  be sent by mail
to the address listed below.

   Prof. Carol Neidle
   Chair, Linguistics Search Committee
   Boston University Department of Modern
        Foreign Languages and Literatures
   621 Commonwealth Ave.
   Boston, MA  02215

Please address inquiries to carol at bu.edu

Boston University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer.