18.2008, Jobs: English & Applied Lingui stics: Lecturer, University of Jyv äskylä

Wed Jul 4 16:13:09 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2008. Wed Jul 04 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2008, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Jyväskylä

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Jul-2007
From: Paula Kalaja < pkalaja at campus.jyu.fi >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer of English, University of Jyväskylä, Finland

Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:10:30
From: Paula Kalaja < pkalaja at campus.jyu.fi >

University or Organization: University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Department: Dept. of Languages / English
Web Address: http://www.jyu.fi/en/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; English Language Learning and Teaching

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Department of Languages, University of Jyväskylä, located in Central Finland, is
seeking a temporary Lecturer of English for the academic year of 2007-08,
starting from August 1 till the end of July 2008, (or alternatively, from
October 1, joining us from the second period of teaching).  Preferably lloking
for a person with a PhD in Applied Linguistics and a TESOL Certificate, to teach
courses at BA and MA level for English majors/minors with already High
Intermediate/Advanced skills in the language, including:  1) practical skills
(incl. pronunciation),  2) Linguistics (e.g. Sociolinguistics, Pragmatics,
Grammar), and  3) Language Learning and Teaching, details to be negotiated.

Teaching starts Mon, Sept 10.  Research alongside teaching would be appreciated
(within an annual workload of 1600 hours), salary is based on qualifications and
performance.  Help provided in finding housing.

For enquiries/application, please contact ALL of us as soon as possible or by
July 20, 2007 at the latest (as Week 26 marks the beginning of our summer
holiday season):

Professor Arja Piirainen-Marsh apiirain at campus.jyu.fi
Professor Paula Kalaja pkalaja at campus.jyu.fi
Professor Sirpa Leppänen sleppane at campus.jyu.fi