18.2135, Confs: Morphology,Semantics,Syntax/France

Sat Jul 14 16:49:50 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2135. Sat Jul 14 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2135, Confs: Morphology,Semantics,Syntax/France

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Jul-2007
From: Rafael Marín < colloque.adjectifs at univ-lille3.fr >
Subject: International Conference on Adjectives

Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:48:48
From: Rafael Marín < colloque.adjectifs at univ-lille3.fr >

International Conference on Adjectives

Date: 13-Sep-2007 - 15-Sep-2007
Location: Lille, France
Contact: Rafael Marín
Contact Email: colloque.adjectifs at univ-lille3.fr
Meeting URL: http://stl.recherche.univ-lille3.fr/colloques/adjectifs/adjectifsaccueil.html

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology; Semantics; Syntax

Meeting Description:

International Conference on Adjectives
University of Lille 3
September 13-15 2007

As opposed to verbs and nouns, adjectives have often been somewhat
neglected in linguistic research. However adjectives and their properties
represent a broad ranging research topic raising many major issues, both
from a typological point of view, with respect to the definition of the
category, and from the point of view of their syntax and semantics, which
combine verbal and nominal properties. Investigations of the adjective can
raise major theoretical challenges for linguistic theories, which tend to
be centered on the verb and the noun, raising numerous theoretical
questions. Abstracts for the conference we are organizing at the University
of Lille 3, in September 2007, are invited on all questions pertaining to
adjectives.

Important dates:
-Dead line for abstract submission: 15 February 2007
-Notification of acceptance to authors: 1 May 2007
-Preliminary program: June 15 2007
-Conference: September 13-15

2007http://stl.recherche.univ-lille3.fr/colloques/adjectifs/adjectifsaccueil.html