18.2206, Jobs: English Language: Lecturer, Middlesex University

Mon Jul 23 15:39:16 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2206. Mon Jul 23 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2206, Jobs: English Language: Lecturer, Middlesex University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Jul-2007
From: Sylvia Shaw < S.K.Shaw at mdx.ac.uk >
Subject: English Language: Lecturer, Middlesex University, United Kingdom

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:35:31
From: Sylvia Shaw [S.K.Shaw at mdx.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2206.html&submissionid=151961&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Middlesex University
Department: English, Languages and Philosophy
Web Address: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/index.asp

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; English Language

A vacancy has arisen for a part-time Lecturer (0.5, permanent) in English
Language and Linguistics in the Department of English, Languages and
Philosophy at Middlesex University, London. We are seeking to fill this
post by the start of the academic year 2007/2008 or as soon as possible
thereafter.

We are looking for a candidate with experience of teaching undergraduate or
postgraduate courses in English Language and Linguistics; who has a PhD
awarded or in the final stages of completion; and who has a recognisable
commitment to research and scholarly activity.

This post is being offered alongside a number of other part-time positions,
including a Lectureship in English Language and Teaching English as a
Foreign Language (also 0.5 FTE). Applicants with suitable experience and
qualifications may consider applying for one or more 0.5 posts.

For full details of the post, an application pack and a job description
please go to the website listed below.

To discuss this post informally please contact Dr Sylvia Shaw (Programme
Leader of English Language and English Studies) at the email address listed
below or Professor Kirsten Malmkjaer (Head of the Department of English,
Languages and Philosophy) K.Malmkjaer at mdx.ac.uk.

Application Deadline: 17-Aug-2007

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Head of Recruitment