18.1830, All: Sad news: Alan S. Kaye

Mon Jun 18 16:43:52 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1830. Mon Jun 18 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1830, All: Sad news: Alan S. Kaye

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 18-Jun-2007
From: Jim Eisenbraun < jeisenbraun at eisenbrauns.com >
Subject: Sad news: Alan S. Kaye

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:38:42
From: Jim Eisenbraun < jeisenbraun at eisenbrauns.com >

We are deeply saddened to report the news, from Jeremy Kaye, that his
father, Alan S. Kaye, widely known for his work in Semitic linguistics,
passed away on May 31 due to complications of cancer. He was diagnosed with
bone cancer only one month earlier, on May 1, in the United Arab Emirates,
where he was on research leave. The cancer had already metastasized and
affected many of his organs. Jeremy brought Alan home to Fullerton on May 22.

A link to the Cal Fullerton web site provides much more information:

http://campusapps.fullerton.edu/news/inside/2007/kaye.html

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable