18.1861, Jobs: General Linguistics: Teaching Associates, University of Sheffield

Wed Jun 20 14:16:38 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1861. Wed Jun 20 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1861, Jobs: General Linguistics: Teaching Associates, University of Sheffield

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Jun-2007
From: Claire Graham < c.l.graham at sheffield.ac.uk >
Subject: General Linguistics: University Teaching Associates (Part-time & Fixed-term), University of Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:12:35
From: Claire Graham < c.l.graham at sheffield.ac.uk >

University or Organization: University of Sheffield
Department: School of Eng Literature, Language & Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.shef.ac.uk/

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

These two posts have become available due to colleagues taking funded leave
during the 2007-2008 academic year. Applicants should have proven teaching
ability and previous experience of teaching similar modules.

POST A is a 50% post and is available in both semesters (10 September 2007 - 30
June 2008).  This will primarily involve workshop support on a number of larger
undergraduate modules, particularly in the areas of Phonetics, Phonology and
Sociolinguistics.  If appropriate there may be an opportunity to deliver a
'special subject' relating to your research interests in the autumn semester.

POST B is a 50% post available in the autumn semester only (10 September 2007 -
10 February 2008). This will be associated primarily with the MA course in
Applied Linguistics and the core modules in English Grammar, Language Teaching
Methodology, and Second Language Acquisition.

Informal inquiries may be directed to Professor Susan Fitzmaurice.

How to apply:
Please visit our website, click on the title of the post you wish to apply for,
and select the 'apply online' link.

Application Deadline: 04-Jul-2008

Web Address for Applications: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs

Contact Information: