18.652, All: Help LINGUIST!

Thu Mar 1 17:25:37 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-652. Thu Mar 01 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.652, All: Help LINGUIST!

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Hannah Morales <hannah at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 28-Feb-2007
From: LINGUIST List < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Help LINGUIST!

Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:21:01
From: LINGUIST List < linguist at linguistlist.org >

Dear subscribers,

LINGUIST needs your help!  Have you recently published a book on a linguistics
topic? Are you involved with any linguistics journals? Do you secretly create
clever linguistics merchandise in your spare time and long to share it with the
rest of the linguistics community?

If so, you can be a big help to LINGUIST! Fund Drive 2007 is quickly
approaching, and we're looking for prize donations from our subscribers to be
given to the winners of our Fund Drive puzzles, games, and random prize
drawings. Last year's prize donation from our subscribers was extremely
successful, and we're looking forward to getting even more responses this year.

By donating a copy of your book, a subscription to your journal, or another
linguistics-related prize, you will help LINGUIST raise the funds we need to
survive - and you will create publicity for your own publication or creation at
the same time! In exchange for your donation, we will list your name as a prize
donor in our Fund Drive emails and on our Fund Drive pages.

Please contact Ania Kubisz (ania at linguistlist.org) by no later than Wednesday,
March 14 if you are interested in donating.

This year's Fund Drive will be our most entertaining and exciting yet, and we
hope that you will consider donating prizes. Your fellow linguists will thank you!

We look forward to your responses.

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Crew

The following linguistics publishers have already donated fabulous prizes to
Fund Drive 2007:

Arnold Hodder
Cascadilla Press
Continuum