18.654, Qs: Development of Pragmatics/Gender Affixes in Suffixaufnahme?

Thu Mar 1 20:15:26 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-654. Thu Mar 01 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.654, Qs: Development of Pragmatics/Gender Affixes in Suffixaufnahme?

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Feb-2007
From: Leah Gedalyovich < leah.gedalyovich at gmail.com >
Subject: Development of Pragmatics

2)
Date: 28-Feb-2007
From: Jeff Rollin < jeff.rollin at gmail.com >
Subject: Gender Affixes in Suffixaufnahme?

Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:14:04
From: Leah Gedalyovich < leah.gedalyovich at gmail.com >

Dear all,

We are investigating the development of pragmatics and the
semantic-pragmatic interface in young children. In designing our
experiments we are looking for examples of NON-scalar quantity implicatures
(preferrably that can be visually represented for pre-school children), so

1. can anyone help me with references for previous psycholinguistic
research into non-scalar quantity implicatures?

2. any suggestions for picturable non-scalar quantity implicatures would be
also greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance for your help, I will post a summary of any responses

Leah Gedalyovich
Foreign Literatures and Linguistics
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
                     Pragmatics
                     Semantics