18.699, Confs: Lexicography,Translation/Hungary

Tue Mar 6 20:01:48 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-699. Tue Mar 06 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.699, Confs: Lexicography,Translation/Hungary

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 05-Mar-2007
From: Csaba Ban < csaba at bancsaba.com >
Subject: Proz.com 5th International Conference

Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 14:59:05
From: Csaba Ban < csaba at bancsaba.com >

Proz.com 5th International Conference
Short Title: Proz.com

Date: 28-Apr-2007 - 01-May-2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact: Csaba Ban
Contact Email: csaba at bancsaba.com
Meeting URL: http://www.proz.com/conference/10

Linguistic Field(s): Lexicography; Translation

Meeting Description:

Proz.com conferences offer excellent opportunities for professional development
for the freelance translator. In Budapest, we will focus on CAT tools (Trados,
DVX, Wordfast) and other topics (terminology management, marketing plan for
freelancers, quality assurance, financial translators, European Union, etc.). An
ATA certification exam will also be held at the same time.

For a detailed and continuously updated list of proposed programs and other
relevant information, please see the conference website: www.proz.com/conference/10
Price: USD 205 for Proz.com members, USD 230 for non-members.

This will be an international conference, with some 250-280 participants from at
least 35 different countries.