18.729, FYI: Add Your Dept.'s Info to Online LSA Directory!

Thu Mar 8 20:56:07 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-729. Thu Mar 08 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.729, FYI: Add Your Dept.'s Info to Online LSA Directory!

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Dan Parker <dan at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Mar-2007
From: Suzanne Kemmer < kemmer at rice.edu >
Subject: Add Your Dept.'s Info to Online LSA Directory!

Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:54:54
From: Suzanne Kemmer < kemmer at rice.edu >

I noticed that on the newly revamped LSA website, the Directory of
Linguistics Programs at http://www.lsadc.org/info/pubs-dirs-programs.cfm
has little or no information about individual Linguistics programs in it.
That makes the search facility far less useful than it could be.

I'd like to suggest that the army of linguists out there should add
information about your programs to the site. In particular, it would be a
great boon to prospective grad students in Linguistics to be able to
quickly search out the Ph.D. programs in a particular country or area,
without browsing through all the dept. and program websites. Also useful
would be info on areas of specialization of particular depts.

Anybody know how many Ph.D. programs in Linguistics there are in the U.S.?
I wanted to find this info with the search but only 3 Ph.D. programs came up.

--Suzanne

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics