18.758, FYI: Brill Launches New Catalog

Mon Mar 12 15:32:45 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-758. Mon Mar 12 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.758, FYI: Brill Launches New Catalog

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Dan Parker <dan at linguistlist.org>

Help LINGUIST!

Date: 12-Mar-2007
From: Liesbeth Kanis < kanis at brill.nl >
Subject: Brill Launches New Catalog

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:30:45
From: Liesbeth Kanis < kanis at brill.nl >

Brill is very pleased to announce its first catalog exclusively devoted to
the field of Languages & Linguistics. Over the years Brill has gradually
built up a strong reputation in this field, with a special focus on
Afroasiatic, Asian, African and Indo-European Languages.

Recent examples of these are the much-acclaimed Encyclopedia of Arabic
Languages & Linguistics, the Indo-European Etymological Dictionary Series
and the endangered languages of the Himalaya, published in the series:
Languages of the Greater Himalaya.

This 2007 catalog also presents you with a full overview of the complete
range of our Languages & Linguistics publications, ranging from
dictionaries, grammars and lexicons, to textbooks, encyclopedias and
bibliographies.

Special mention should be made of the rich collections of primary sources
and reference material published under the new Brill imprint: IDC
Publishers. These collections contain many surprises of rare and
hard-to-access titles vital for historical linguistics.

To download the Languages & Linguistics Catalog 2007:
http://www.brill.nl/uploadedFiles/589.pdf

Call for proposals
Brill is further strengthening its tradition of excellence established over
the years and is energetically exploring new publishing alleys. One of
these is further developing our list on Languages & Linguistics. For more
information, please contact the senior acquisitions editor, Albert
Hoffstädt, hoffstadt at brill.nl

For more on our exciting publishing programs, visit our website at
www.brill.nl.

Liesbeth Kanis
Brill
P.O. Box 9000