18.825, Qs: Language Planning in Iran; Lexical Availability/Dominance

Mon Mar 19 01:36:33 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-825. Sun Mar 18 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.825, Qs: Language Planning in Iran; Lexical Availability/Dominance

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Mar-2007
From: Samira Farwaneh < farwaneh at email.arizona.edu >
Subject: Language Planning in Iran

2)
Date: 14-Mar-2007
From: Kim Potowski < kimpotow at uic.edu >
Subject: Lexical Availability/Dominance

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:32:14
From: Samira Farwaneh < farwaneh at email.arizona.edu >

Dear Linguists,

I have been teaching for some time now a course on the languages and
societies of the middle East. A number of new publications have appeared on
the linguistic situation in Israel, Turkey and the Arab World, but for some
reason, I have not been able to locate current publications on the
linguistic situation in Iran, especially in the post-revolution period. I
would appreciate any information on publications or web sites pertaining to
this issue.

With many thanks and promise for a summary,
Samira Farwaneh
University of Arizona

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics