18.870, Confs: General Ling/UK

Thu Mar 22 20:21:24 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-870. Thu Mar 22 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.870, Confs: General Ling/UK

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Mar-2007
From: Allegra Cattani < a.cattani at plymouth.ac.uk >
Subject: BPS Developmental Psychology Conference 2007

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:17:37
From: Allegra Cattani < a.cattani at plymouth.ac.uk >

BPS Developmental Psychology Conference 2007

Date: 29-Aug-2007 - 31-Aug-2007
Location: Plymouth, United Kingdom
Contact: Caroline Floccia
Contact Email: chair at BPSDevSec07.org
Meeting URL: http://www.bpsdevsec07.org/default.asp

British Psychological Society
Developmental Psychology Section
Annual Conference 2007
The deadline for submissions of paper presentations, posters and symposia is
Monday 16th April. Decisions will be announced by 15th May.

British Psychological Society
Developmental Psychology Section
Annual Conference 2007

We are pleased to announce that the 2007 Annual Conference of the BPS
Developmental Psychology Section will be held at the University of Plymouth, UK,
from 29 - 31 August. Members of the organising committee are: John Clibbens,
Allegra Cattani, Frederique Arreckx, Kirsten Abbot-Smith, Pedro
Guijarro-Fuentes, Caroline Floccia, Simon Handley and Becky Mckenzie.

This year's keynote speakers are:

Jay Belsky
Institute for the Study of Children, Families and Social Issues
Birkbeck, University of London

Annette Karmiloff-Smith
Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development
School of Psychology
Birkbeck, University of London

Henry Markovits
Department of Psychology
University of Quebec at Montreal

The website is located at
http://www.bpsdevsec07.org/default.asp

We look forward to seeing you in Plymouth!

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $55,000. This money will go to help keep the
List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive 2007
LINGUIST List Superhero Adventure for some Fund Drive fun!

http://linguistlist.org/donation/fund-drive2007/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form.

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later.

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to donate by
check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:

http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such can
receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c) Non Profit
organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations can be offset against
your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only). For more
information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any gift
you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting your human
resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills in and returns
to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure that doubles the
value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment
to check if your company operates such a program.