18.1305, Jobs: Comp Ling, Entity Extraction: Programmer, Rapid Intelligence P/L

Tue May 1 14:38:29 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1305. Tue May 01 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1305, Jobs: Comp Ling, Entity Extraction: Programmer, Rapid Intelligence P/L

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Apr-2007
From:  Metcalfe < xlinguistlist at orchy.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics, Named Entity Extraction & Classification and Clustering: Programmer (Telecommute), Rapid Intelligence Pty Ltd

Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 10:36:06
From:  Metcalfe < xlinguistlist at orchy.com >

Department: R&D
Web Address: http://www.rapint.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Entity Extraction, Classification,
Clustering

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Rapid Intelligence is a content aggregating web publishing company based in
Sydney, Australia. We created such titles as Factbites.com and Qwika.com.

We are seeking a computational linguist to create and implement named
entity extraction, classification and clustering systems. You will either
need to be a programmer or proficient with relevant software or, better
still, both.

This role will be telecommute and on a project basis. Please submit your
resume to email address below, including academic record and details of
projects you've worked on.

Application Deadline: 29-May-2007 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: rijobz at rapint.com