18.1343, Jobs: Information Structure; Psycholinguistics; Lang Acq: Post Doc, MPI

Thu May 3 19:12:12 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1343. Thu May 03 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1343, Jobs: Information Structure; Psycholinguistics; Lang Acq: Post Doc, MPI

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-May-2007
From: Nanjo Bogdanowicz < nanjo.bogdanowicz at mpi.nl >
Subject: Information Structure; Psycholinguistics; Language Acquisition: Post Doc, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, The Netherlands

Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 15:10:07
From: Nanjo Bogdanowicz < nanjo.bogdanowicz at mpi.nl >

University or Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Department: Language Acquisition Group
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl/research/projects/informationstructure/

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Information Structure; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics

The Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics is offering a postdoctoral
staff position in the field of (first and/or second) language acquisition.
It is a research position and involves no teaching responsibilities. The
position will be in the Language Acquisition group and has an initial term
of appointment of 3 years with an extension possible for 2 additional years.

We are looking for a scholar with a background in psychology or linguistics
who is interested in undertaking research in the project "Information
structure in language acquisition." An interest in cross-linguistic
research and the ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary
team are expected. Research in the project focuses on first and second
language acquisition from a cross-linguistic perspective. Project members
investigate a variety of linguistic devices used to mark information
structure distinctions in adult and child learners. Further information
about the project is available through the website.

Junior scientists with a completed PhD in a relevant field are encouraged
to apply. Applications should include a CV, a cover letter describing
research interests, samples of scholarly work, and the names of two
referees who would be willing to write letters of recommendation.

Application Deadline: 15-June-2007

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Nanjo Bogdanowicz
	PO Box 310
	Nijmegen 6500 AH
	Netherlands

Contact Information:
	Nanjo Bogdanowicz
	Email: Nanjo-dot-Bogdanowicz-at-mpi-dot-nl
	Phone: +31-24-3521454
	Fax: +31-24-3521213