18.1439, Jobs: Syntax & General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, UCLA

Sun May 13 15:04:22 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1439. Sun May 13 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1439, Jobs: Syntax & General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, UCLA

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-May-2007
From: Caleb Na < q at humnet.ucla.edu >
Subject: Syntax & General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, UCLA, CA, USA

Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:01:51
From: Caleb Na < q at humnet.ucla.edu >

University or Organization: UCLA
Department: Department of Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Syntax; Fieldwork or Asian Linguistics

The UCLA Department of Linguistics is conducting a search to fill a
one-year visiting faculty position for the academic year 2007-2008 in
syntax and general linguistics. Expertise in fieldwork or Asian linguistics
will be a plus. The appointment is subject to budgetary approval by the
university.

The visitor will teach in the areas of syntax and general linguistics
(covering both undergraduate and graduate levels) and will be expected to
participate in departmental research activities. Salary will be  based on
the UCLA faculty scale, with benefits according to the standard UCLA
benefits package.

Applicants are requested to send application materials by email.  This
should include a vita, a cover letter describing experience and interests
for both research and teaching, sample papers, and documentation of
teaching record. Applicants should also request three letters of
recommendation to be sent by email to this address from individuals
familiar with their work.  Previously sent application material this year
can be reactivated by sending an email request. Questions about the
position may be directed to the search committee. Applications will be
reviewed as soon as they are received. We will start reviewing applications
on May 21, 2007. The position will remain open until filled.

UCLA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Application Deadline: 21-May-2007 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: syntaxsearch at humnet.ucla.edu

Contact Information
	Syntax Search Committee
	Email: syntaxsearch at humnet.ucla.edu