18.1441, Jobs: Psycholinguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Ottawa

Sun May 13 15:14:37 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1441. Sun May 13 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1441, Jobs: Psycholinguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Ottawa

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-May-2007
From: Marie-Helene Cote < mhcote at uottawa.ca >
Subject: Psycholinguistics: Visiting Professor, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:12:07
From: Marie-Helene Cote < mhcote at uottawa.ca >

University or Organization: University of Ottawa
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.uottawa.ca

Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics

The Department of Linguistics, University of Ottawa, invites applications
for a one-year replacement position in psycholinguistics (rank open),
commencing July 1 or September 1, 2007. Applicants should have a PhD in
linguistics, specializing in psycholinguistics, with evidence of strong
research potential. The successful candidate will be expected to take an
active role in graduate supervision and in setting up our newly-funded
psycholinguistics laboratory, which includes EEG equipment. The teaching
load will correspond to 4 or 5 one-semester courses, at the advanced
undergraduate and graduate levels. One course will be a joint advanced
undergraduate/graduate seminar on a topic to be chosen by the selected
candidate. Possible teaching areas for the other courses include
psycholinguistics, second language acquisition, first language acquisition,
and communication disorders. All courses can be taught in English, one
course could be taught in French if the candidate is competent to do so.

Applicants should submit a CV, representative samples of their research,
and arrange for three (3) letters of recommendation to be sent directly to
Dr. Marie-Hélène Côté, Chair, Department of Linguistics, before June 1,
2007. All documents should preferably be sent by email. If email is not
convenient, the postal address found below should be used.

The salary is determined in accordance with the Collective Agreement.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens
and permanent residents will be given priority. Equity is a University
policy; aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and person with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 01-Jun-2007

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr Marie-Helene Cote