18.1525, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Asst Prof University of North Texas

Fri May 18 19:48:57 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1525. Fri May 18 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1525, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Asst Prof University of North Texas

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-May-2007
From: Patricia Cukor-Avila < pcavila at unt.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of North Texas, TX, USA

Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:47:21
From: Patricia Cukor-Avila < pcavila at unt.edu >

University or Organization: University of North Texas
Department: Linguistics Division, Dept. of English
Web Address: http://www.ling.unt.edu

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Linguistics Division of the English Department at the University of
North Texas is accepting applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor
for a non-tenure-track position in Linguistics during the 2007-08 academic
year (beginning August 27, 2007). Teaching load and assignment will depend
on qualifications and circumstances; for a well-qualified candidate who is
active in the field we project a 3/3 load including upper-level
undergraduate and introductory graduate courses. Required qualifications
include a PhD in Linguistics and the ability to teach graduate-level
Phonology. Send letter of application, vita, and three letters of reference
to Prof. David Holdeman at the address given below.  Emailed applications
are also acceptable.

Inquiries about the Linguistics Division should be sent to Prof. Patricia
Cukor-Avila.  For information about the Linguistics Division please see our
website.  We will begin considering applications in June and conduct
on-campus or phone interviews over the course of the summer.

UNT is an AA/EO employer that values diversity and is located in the
culturally and economically vibrant Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

Application Deadline: 15-Jul-2007

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. David Holdeman
	Univ. of North Texas