18.1526, Jobs: Computational Linguistlics: Post Doc, Dublin City University

Fri May 18 19:51:42 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1526. Fri May 18 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1526, Jobs: Computational Linguistlics: Post Doc, Dublin City University

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-May-2007
From: Andy Way < away at computing.dcu.ie >
Subject: Computational Linguistlics: Post Doc, Dublin City University, Ireland

Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:50:11
From: Andy Way < away at computing.dcu.ie >

University or Organization: Dublin City University
Department: National Centre for Language Technology
Web Address: http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/mt/

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Machine Translation

Announcing an opening in the area of Data-Driven Machine Translation at the
National Centre for Language Technology in the School of Computing, Dublin
City University, Ireland.

Excellent knowledge of Example-Based or Statistical approaches to MT is a
prerequisite. The successful candidate will be a strong programmer, have a
track record in machine learning, and have a good publication record in
this field. Experience of participation in large-scale open evaluations
(NIST, IWSLT etc.) would be a distinct advantage.

Remuneration will be at the rate of EUR 43,000 per annum. The position is
open from 1st August 2007. A contract of one or two years will be awarded.

We currently have Postgraduate Researchers in the following areas:

- new automatic evaluation metrics for MT
- integrating syntax into SMT
- new methods of word and phrase alignment
- parameter estimation in data-driven MT
- sign language translation
- tree-based translation
- hybrid data-driven MT

Two large-scale proposals are currently under review, which will bring in
more MT students.

Candidates should send their CV (in .pdf format, only) to the email address
given below as soon as possible and by June 30th at the latest. Questions
or other clarification should be emailed to the same address.

We look forward to welcoming you to our growing MT team!

Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2007 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: away at computing.dcu.ie

Contact Information:
	Prof. Andy Way
	Email: away at computing.dcu.ie