18.1576, Jobs: English Ling: Visiting Assistant Prof, U of Missouri-Columbia

Wed May 23 20:59:53 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1576. Wed May 23 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1576, Jobs: English Ling: Visiting Assistant Prof, U of Missouri-Columbia

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-May-2007
From: Sharon Black < blacksa at missouri.edu >
Subject: English Linguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Missouri-Columbia, MO, USA

Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:57:07
From: Sharon Black < blacksa at missouri.edu >

University or Organization: University of Missouri-Columbia
Department: English
Web Address: http://english.missouri.edu/

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of English at the University of Missouri-Columbia seeks to
hire a visiting assistant professor or visiting instructor in linguistics
for the 2007-2008 academic year.

The successful candidate will teach 3 courses per semester, including The
Structure of American English both semesters.  Additional courses may
include an introductory survey of linguistics or advanced undergraduate
classes in applied linguistics, the history of English, or phonology
depending on the candidate's interests.  ABD in linguistics or in English
with strong coursework in linguistics is required. PhD is preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately.

Send letter of application and CV to the address listed below.

The University of Missouri is an EOE/AA/ADA employer.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Patricia Okker, Chair
	English Department
	University of Missouri-Columbia