18.1580, Jobs: Eng & Applied Ling, Translation: Analyst, Judicial Council of CA

Thu May 24 13:27:06 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1580. Thu May 24 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1580, Jobs: Eng & Applied Ling, Translation: Analyst, Judicial Council of CA

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-May-2007
From: Human Resources < cheryl.king at jud.ca.gov >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics, Translation: Analyst, Judicial Council of California, San Francisco, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:21:54
From: Human Resources < cheryl.king at jud.ca.gov >

Department: Court Interpreters Program
Web Address: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/careers

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Language Testing Analyst, Judicial Council of California, San Francisco CA
(Salary $5,511 - $6,697 per month).

The Judicial Council of California, Administrative Office of the Courts is
accepting applications for the position of Language Testing Analyst in the
Court Interpreters Program of the Executive Office Programs Division.

Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct analysis of spoken and written language interpretation
examinations and prepare recommendations for change
- Monitor vendor performance under the contract for the administration of
the statewide court interpreters testing program

Requires:
- Possession of a bachelor's degree, preferably with major course work in
linguistics or cognitive science
- Three years of professional analytical experience in language testing and
examination preparation and evaluation
- Additional directly related experience may be substituted for the
education on a year-for-year basis

Accepting Applications immediately.  To apply, visit our website and search
for Job Req-2964, 'Language Testing Analyst.'

Application Deadline: 31-May-2007 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/careers

Contact Information:
	Judicial Council Human Resources
	Email: HREMS at jud.ca.gov