18.1586, Jobs: Syntax: Lecturer, Thammasat University

Fri May 25 13:48:37 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1586. Fri May 25 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1586, Jobs: Syntax: Lecturer, Thammasat University

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-May-2007
From: Choticha Bamroongraks < linguistics at tu.ac.th >
Subject: Syntax: Lecturer, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand

Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:46:46
From: Choticha Bamroongraks < linguistics at tu.ac.th >

University or Organization: Thammasat University
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://www.tu.ac.th/org/arts/ling/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Syntax; Grammatical and Morphological Theory

The Department of Linguistics, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thammasat
University, is looking for a Thai national to fill a full-time position of
Lecturer in Linguistics. Interested candidates should have a specialization
in Syntax, have written their dissertation/thesis in such areas as
Generative Syntax, Government-Binding Theory, Minimalist Program,
Functional Grammar, etc., and have graduated with an excellent PhD from a
well-recognized university. Those whose diploma is not yet in hand must
provide proof that their graduation is imminent. Previous teaching
experience at the college or university level is a definite advantage. The
successful applicant's major responsibilities include teaching designated
courses in our BA, MA and/or PhD programs, and collaboration with the
teaching members of the department in other administrative duties (namely
advising, mentoring and offering academic services to the faculty and the
university). The candidates are expected to have the motivation and ability
for superior teaching and research, and alongside this, they must enjoy
working in a team as well as possess strong leadership and interpersonal
skills.

To apply, please send us an application pack with the following documents:

-  Cover letter, giving details of your personal and academic history, plus
an outline of other relevant experience and interests
-  Up-to-date curriculum vitae
-  Copies of all degree certificates and diplomas
-  Copies of transcripts of all tertiary education results
-  Three letters of recommendation (one of your referees must be
dissertation/thesis supervisor)
-  Two passport photos
-  Sample of published work (if any)

Both e-mailed and postal applications are acceptable, but for easier
filing, we prefer that your pack be sent to us through the post at the
address listed below.

Please note that there is no deadline of application, but review of files
will begin in June 2007. Your starting date of employment will in part be
determined according to your availability. Interviews may start at any time
and will continue until the position has been filled.

The Department of Linguistics at Thammasat University is the oldest in
Thailand and the only to offer a BA in linguistics, an MA in Linguistics
for Communication and a PhD in Linguistics. Our faculty members are engaged
in teaching and research in the major areas of linguistics and applied
linguistics. The Department also publishes the Journal of Language and
Linguistics. The only specialized linguistics publication of its type in
Thailand for 25 years, it provides a forum for publication of original
articles in any area of language, linguistics and language teaching.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Cholticha Bamroongraks
	Chair, Department of Linguistics
	Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thammasat University
	2 Prachan Road
	Bangkok 10200
	Thailand

Email Address for Applications: linguistics at tu.ac.th