18.1595, Qs: Epenthesis and Vowel Harmony; Empirical Creole Studies

Fri May 25 20:54:14 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-1595. Fri May 25 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.1595, Qs: Epenthesis and Vowel Harmony; Empirical Creole Studies

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows <kevin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-May-2007
From: Sara Finley < finley at cogsci.jhu.edu >
Subject: Interaction of Epenthesis and Vowel Harmony?

2)
Date: 22-May-2007
From: Peter J. Wright < pjw2116 at columbia.edu >
Subject: Empirical Creole Studies

Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:46:32
From: Sara Finley < finley at cogsci.jhu.edu >

I am looking for informaiton about the typology of interactions between
epenthesis (deletion too, if relevant) and vowel harmony. For example, are
there languages where the epenthetic vowel is transparent/opaque to harmony
or does the epenthetic vowel always participate?

If anyone has any insights on references, example languages, it would be
highly appreciated, and I will post my results on Linguist if there is
interest.

Linguistic Field(s): Phonology