18.3204, All: LINGUIST List Books, Reviews & Public Discussion

Thu Nov 1 02:26:59 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3204. Wed Oct 31 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3204, All: LINGUIST List Books, Reviews & Public Discussion

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 29-Oct-2007
From: Ann Sawyer < sawyer at linguistlist.org >

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:25:04
From: Ann Sawyer [sawyer at linguistlist.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3204.html&submissionid=159814&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Readers,

For 15 years The LINGUIST List has been announcing new publications in
linguistics. The number of those announcements has grown over the years
from a single book our first year to nearly 800 books last year (we are
well on our way to exceed that figure in 2007).  Book announcements include
title, author, publication and purchasing information and a brief review of
the book's contents.

To assist our readers in selecting books of interest, we also publish
critical reviews of some of the announced books, reviews which are written
by other linguists who provide this service on a voluntary basis.

>From this URL - http://linguistlist.org/issues/index.html - you can:

1) In the center of the page, click 'Books' or 'Reviews' to read
announcements and reviews posted during the current year;

2) In the left side menu click 'Master Index of all LINGUIST Issues' to
find every Book Announcement and Review we posted, back to 1992.

Note that in the Reviews lists you can find our periodic AFRs (books
Available for Review).   If you would be interested in doing a review for
The LINGUIST List, please follow our latest procedures, outlined in the
most recent AFR, found here:  http://linguistlist.org/issues/18/18-2884.html.

Books and their reviews have sometimes been the source of rich discussion
on The LINGUIST List.  In the interest of equal time and the spirit of fair
play, we invite authors of reviewed books and readers or writers of those
reviews to initiate public discussion of a given book or review by
submitting a Discussion item using the following URL:

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm
(select Discussion from the Topic of your Posting dropdown menu)

In the future, response to Reviews will be facilitated by a technological
advance currently in the works.  In the meantime, we hope that readers will
avail themselves of this forum in which ideas may be exchanged to the
benefit of LL readers everywhere.

The LINGUIST List Crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable