18.3225, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Asst Professor, University of Lethbridge

Fri Nov 2 19:10:06 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3225. Fri Nov 02 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3225, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Asst Professor, University of Lethbridge

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Nov-2007
From: Drew Rendall < d.rendall at uleth.ca >
Subject: Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:08:36
From: Drew Rendall [d.rendall at uleth.ca]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3225.html&submissionid=160164&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Lethbridge
Department: Department of Psychology
Web Address: http://www.uleth.ca

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Language Development

The Department of Psychology at the University of Lethbridge invites
applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor
to begin 1 July 2008, subject to budgetary approval. Current departmental
emphases are in cognition, animal behaviour, and evolutionary psychology
with research programs encompassing a range of phenomena related to human
and animal social behaviour, aggression, sexuality and gender, risk-taking,
and communication. We are now interested in candidates in developmental
psychology broadly construed, including language acquisition,
psycholinguistics, meta-representation and socio-cognitive development,
learning, perceptual development, emotional development, and cognitive
aging. We will also consider other applicants who can complement current
social and biological perspectives with research and teaching interests in
social, cognitive, ecological or cross-cultural approaches to human
psychology. Candidates should have, or anticipate, a PhD and the potential
to develop a strong, externally funded research programme with
opportunities for undergraduate and graduate participation. New Faculty are
eligible for funding in support of research and scholarly activities.

For more information about the University please visit our website at
http://www.uleth.ca, or the Department of Psychology website at
http://www.uleth.ca/fas/psy.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, statement of research
interests, copies of three of their latest reprints and names of at least
three referees who are scholars in the field. Send this material and
arrange for the letters of reference to be mailed directly to Dr. Drew
Rendall, Department of Psychology at the address given below. Consideration
of completed applications will begin by December 1, 2007 and continue until
the position is filled.

The position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will
be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The
University is an inclusive and equitable campus encouraging applications
from qualified women and men including  persons with disabilities, members
of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2007
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Drew Rendall
	Department of Psychology